Sunday, September 24, 2023

Rotation Changeover - 2023 Rotation #4, Slot 3 (Not Counted Thread) completed AND Slow Sunday Stitching - September 24, 2023

This slot in my needlework rotation may have been slow getting started, but man, once I got some traction, I could not put this project down this week and ten hours flew by! (So many color changes!!!)

Where I started for comparison

I finished all of the flight feathers on the forward wing and got started on the cover feathers on the lower underneath part of that wing.   The dashed lines that I've drawn in there are markers for the change in angle of the stitches.   

As one progresses down the wing, the angles changes from horizontal to almost a 45 degree angle.   I want to be sure the shift is a gradual one.

I'm going to put some hours into the Sugar Skull (in excess of the usual Full Coverage Friday bit) and then continue on with this project for my first slot in the next rotation round.   It's going so well that I don't want to put it away.

I've been knitting away on the Brown Yoke Sweater, too.  Plain stocking stitch in the round = boring photo, but 'comfort knitting'.   When I get to the underarm, I'll need to try it on again and check to see where (or if) the bust shaping needs to happen.   Even though I am heavy set, I am not particularly 'busty'.   Since this is a sweater with fairly generous ease, I may or may not need to put in short rows in the front.


 Blue marker is in the last of the waist shaping decreases, so everything above that is this week's work.

Linking up with the SSS Crew (link to current round up).

3 comments:

  1. Your eagle looks like he could fly right off the fabric! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your eagle looks. Your stitching is beautiful. What a great idea to add the dashed lines. Why did I never think of that? I am looking forward to seeing more of the Sugar Skull. Enjoy all of your stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.