Sunday, September 3, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching - September 3, 2023

Still tons of tomatoes, but it looks like the huge glut of Roma variety is just about done.   It's a determinate variety, so it tends to all ripen pretty much together, though I do have a few blooms and small green fruits still on the bush.    The Super Sweet cherry tomatoes are indeterminate, so they will set fruit right up to the point where the frost kills the plant.  And it's finally getting cooler, so I will be planting my fall crops of green bush beans and lettuces later today.   I need to order some garlic sets to plant out later in the fall as well.

Stitching wise, it's time to check in on the Sugar Skull.  I am actually past the next check in point (which was the left temple area).  I put in 1,064 stitches last month, for a total on the project of 13,809 and a bit over 71 hours.  I actually started on the right temple on Friday, but those stitches will count in September's total.

I've been using this project for my 'Full Coverage Friday' focus piece; it's actually my only full coverage piece (unlike some of the floss tubers that I follow who have multiple full coverage pieces going simultaneously (the mind boggles).  On Friday I work from home; and I try to have leftovers or a simple salad/sandwich/soup in some combination.   So once the work day is done, I put on an audio book and just stitch to my heart's content.  I am very conscious to not overdo, though.  

Linking up with the SSS crew (current roundup here).


5 comments:

  1. Your sugar skull is coming to life as you add more colours. I listen to audio books when I stitch too. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sugar skull is coming along nicely. I also listen to audio books when I stitch or garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sugar skull is a beautiful design! I like the colors in it. I haven't thought to plant any fall veggies in my garden. I wonder if that would work in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have enough days between now and your 'first frost date', it's worth a try. That first frost date is just an educated guess, the last couple of years here, we've had a hard freeze prior. But my spring green beans didn't do great, so I'm trying again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sugar skull is looking great! Your Friday schedule sounds relaxed. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.