Sunday, May 7, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching - May 7, 2023

Starting in on Round #3 of my rotation for this year by continuing on with my vintage crewelwork Eagle kit.   I'm hoping to get another ten hours in before I go on vacation starting this Friday after work. (Here is where I got to in Round #2 with the first ten hours on it.)   I'm doing a 'staycation' and after I work on the Sugar Skull on Friday, I will be focusing on my Kathy Barrick piece while I'm off; I'd love to get a finish on it, but that may be overly ambitious.   The other focus on my days off will be the garden, must not forget the garden, since it's demanding attention.   

If I don't get the ten hours done on the Eagle by Friday, I'll come back to it later in the rotation.  In my 'Rotation Rules', it's legit to work for a while on a project, stop and work on something else, and then return to the original project.

I've put in two hours on the eagle since this round started and made good progress on the tertiary flight feathers, getting them all completed.  I've started to work on the couple rows of small feathers that are the line between the body and the underside of the left wing.  Then I'll get back to the flight feathers; they are fun to do because they have fairly large sections of one color. 

BTW, I did put in a bit over 500 stitches on the Sugar Skull last Friday, working on the right cheek and upper jaw bone color.   Photos once the bone in that area is finished and the colors there are in. Linking up with the SSS crew (current round up) for inspiration and encouragement.

5 comments:

  1. Your eagle is looking amazing! It sounds as if you are going to enjoy a lot of happy stitching during your staycation. Oh, and have a lot of fun working in the garden and soaking up the sunshine and warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eagle is looking beautiful! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This eagle is so pretty. Enjoy all of your stitching and your staycation!

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.