Saturday, March 3, 2018

BOM Challenge Update - February, 2018

Time for the monthly roundup at Jo's Country Junction on how we are doing on our UFO Block of the month/week sampler quilts.  (Link is to this month's round-up.)  I actually made quite a few blocks this month.   Several new, several re-worked.   Counting all of the 'Block 9 focal center' as the individual 18 inch squares, I made 8 blocks in four weeks.



I apologize for the wrinkles; the larger blocks have been folded to get them into the Art Bin that I'm storing this in.   They will get another press when the top is assembled.


We are getting a few of the bigger blocks in play now, and I'm adding in some of the brighter rose fabrics.  I still only want it as an 'accent' color.  The plan is a quilt that is "Blue and Neutral" (cream and pale tan) with rose accents.   That center top recycled block may get shuffled to the back of the quilt and replaced with something less intense in the final layout. 


If you look at my layout sheet, you can see that I'm not quite at the halfway point, but I've made excellent progress.  





Thanks, Jo, for giving me to push I needed to actually work on this!  


ETA:  Forgot the links to all the details on the individual blocks.  Blocks with * are Pat Sloan's "Solstice", as is the setting.  Blocks without the star are from my original quilt that will be substituted for Pat's blocks in the final layout.
Block 7 - string and crumb piecing (diagonal)
Block 8 - Dresden plate
Block 9 (tentative) - oversized log cabin blocks (4)
Block 10 (tentative) - X
Block 11 - quilt math*

1 comment:

  1. It's a great idea to combine what you like with what you don't like.

    ReplyDelete

I am moderating comments due to getting some really nasty spam comments lately. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for stopping by.